Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Upholstery

What is it about Georgia summers that make me want to rearrange my furniture? I could say it's the heat, but this past week it's been unseasonably cool.

Regardless, I've done it again. This time, I got frisky with some fabric and recovered this fantastic (and formerly unfantastically-pink) wingback recliner. I also surfed craigs list and met someone with the exact IKEA sofa I was coveting with Jen Strahl last month, who was selling it for a bargain (even tho it was quite new) and turned out to be a friend of a friend. He threw in about 10 years' worth of National Geographics and a french press to sweeten the deal, as if it needed that.

Behold the swedish brown cow that has taken up residence in my lower living room, and the decidedly shirlock-holmes-esque wingback that stands guard.



No comments: