Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Paperwork


Those who know me, know I'm an organizational nazi. I love bins and labels and feng shui. But I think I've finally met my match.

These last few weeks, I've been putting together this massive accreditation application at my job. Basically, the conservation community is starting to certify land trusts with a seal-of-approval (which is a good thing). It amounts to a massive audit of everything we do. I have been compiling policies and cross-referencing them with evidence that we follow them, matching photos with site visit reports completed 5 years ago, and then three-hole punching, labeling, and filing these in triplicate.

The result is 15 inches of color-coded paperwork.

My messy house and dirty dishes attest to the fact that I am at my wits end. I'm feeling a bit twitchy, a bit crazy... like if the process took any longer, I would start walking down Broad St talking to myself, repeating phrases like "no more tabs, no more labels" or something.

Thank the Lord the thing's due on Aug. 1 so come hell-or-high-water, it'll be done by then.

No comments: